UC Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064-1077
© UC Santa Cruz
Review Cart Screen: Add and Edit the FOAPAL
Summary: Learn how to add and edit the FOAPAL - Fund, ORG, Account, Activity, & Commodity Codes
Part of your FOAPAL may default for you, but you must know the following information before proceeding:
- Chart (always X for UCSC)
The following pieces are optional:
- Commodity Code - CruzBuy automatically supplies commodity codes for all hosted catalog and punchout supplier purchases. For purchase requests made on forms, for more than $500, if a commodity code is not entered by the requestor, the order will route to Purchasing and a Purchasing Specialist will enter the required commodity code.
- Activity Code
- To access the carts screen, click the carts tab, or the active cart in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Access the Review Cart screen by clicking on Review in the flowchart shown on the upper right side of the carts screen.
- Click the Edit button to the far right of the Accounting Codes field.
- You may select from the values in your profile, or use Select from all values... to search all of the codes by value or description.
Tip: Search with a blank box to see all values
- Click Save when finished.
Note: To edit the accounting codes for individual line items separately, choose the Accounting Codes tab, from the Review screen.
Use the Accounting Codes block to select the same account code for all line items on the order.
Alternatively, use the Supplier/Line Item Details block to edit each line item separately. Choose the edit button to the far right of the Accounting Codes line for any line item.
Note: If all but one line item uses the same account code, use the Accounting Codes block to set one account code for all items, and then use the Supplier/Line Item Details block to edit the individual line item that needs to be set differently.
[Top of Page]
How to Add or Change the Commodity Code
- Click the Edit button to the far right of the in the Other Codes row.
- Choose a Commodity Code from the values in your profile, or use Select from all values... to search all of the Commodity Codes by description.
[Top of Page]
Last revised: March 26, 2009 (am)
[CruzBuy Reference Manual TOC ]