UC Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064-1077
© UC Santa Cruz
University of California (UC) Rental Car Agreements
Summary: Learn how to use UCOP Rental Car Agreements for University Business.
Rental Car Agreements and the price lists (along with campus identification numbers for each supplier) have been updated on the UCOP Agreement web page.
Please note that these new UCOP Agreement rates include any optional CDW (Collision Damage Waiver),
LDW (liability Damage Waiver) or liability insurance coverage and all of our contract car rental
companies have been instructed to put internal controls in place to be sure optional coverage is
not offered to any UC faculty or staff renting a car for University Business.
Check Rates for a UC Car Rental Agreement
- On the UCOP Agreement web page: http://www.ucop.edu/purchserv/access.php enter the keyword "car rental".
- Click on the Agreement # for a rental car company to view the UCOP Agreement Record for that company. Then choose the latest agreement document (the top one in the list, typically) to view prices for that supplier.
- Prices for suppliers may be compared by repeating Step 2, choosing various car rental companies.
- Once you select a company, go to the Financial Affairs Car Rental Agreements page. Follow the instructions provided.
Rent a Vehicle using a UC Car Rental Agreement
- Identify yourself as a University employee on University business. Provide UCSC Employee identification.
- Provide the supplier with the UCSC ID Number at the time of reservation (available on the UCOP Agreements page. See instructions below.)
- Be sure the UCSC ID Number is cited on the rental contract (see individual agreements
for campus ID numbers)
These agreements have been issued as non-competitive Price Schedules and should be used with a UC Corporate Travel Card or personal Credit Card. Some rental car agency locations may also honor Departmental Purchase Orders.
What to Do in the Event of an Accident
In the event of an accident while using a rental car:
- Provide other involved parties with a University business card or business contact
- Report the incident to campus Risk Services as soon as possible.
Contact your Buyer Team, in Procurement and Business Contracts, with any questions.
[Top of Page]
Last revised: September 21, 2011 (brm)