UC Santa Cruz
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064-1077
© UC Santa Cruz
Procurement and Business Contracts supports the principals of socially responsible purchasing listed below.
- Community: Provide support and add value to your communities and those of your supply chain. Encourage members of you supply chain to add value in their communities.
- Diversity: Proactively promote purchasing from and the development of socially diverse suppliers. Encourage diversity within your own organization and proactively promote diverse employment practices throughout the supply chain.
- Environment: Encourage your own organization and others to be proactive in examining opportunities to be environmentally responsible within their supply chains either upstream or downstream. Encourage the environmental responsibility of your suppliers. Encourage the development of environmentally friendly practices and products throughout your organization. See UCOP Policy on Sustainability (pdf) March 22, 2007
- Ethics: Abide by your organization's code of conduct.
- Financial Responsibility: Become knowledgeable of, and follow, applicable financial standards and requirements. Apply sound financial practices and ensure transparency in financial dealings. Actively promote and practice responsible financial behavior throughout the supply chain.
- Human Rights: Treat people with dignity and respect. Support and respect the protection of international human rights within the organization's sphere of influence. Encourage you organization and its supply chains to avoid complicity in human or employment rights abuses.
- Safety: Promote a safe environment for each employee in your organization and supply chain. Support the continuous development and diffusion of safety practices throughout your organization and the supply chain.
Last revised: November 05, 2008 (am)